Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Subscapularis tendons, anyone?

One of the extremely engaging tasks I get to do at work is transcribe documents that the attorneys dictate into their little mini-recorders. We often get to do summaries of a person's medical records, which can get quite complex. Here's a little snippet of what I had to decipher today.

Impression is 1) that there are small areas of partial articular sided tearing of the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularis tendons, with no full thickness rotator cuff tear identified and there is tendinosis in each of these areas. Small amount of intrasubstance tearing of the subscapularis tendon near its insertion is also noted. 2) Probable small enchondroma at the humeral head. 3) Mild acromioclavicular degenerative changes. The achromion is relatively downsloping, which can predispose to impingement. 4) No significant glenohumeral degenerative changes. No definite labral tear.

Try saying that five times fast.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

How do you even know if you've spelled it right?

Ben S said...

Finally Preston, your talking something I understand.

Ryan and Bryanne said...

Hey Emily! I know it's late but congrats on your wedding a year later. Anyhow it's cool that I find you, well actually your mom found me but anyway checkout our blog sometime. rbduffinfamily.blogspot.com. oh and your job sounds like loads of fun!

Unknown said...

Em,
Sounds like you have a very interesting job. Good thing you can spell well. I got an email from Tanya today and she will be 7 months on the 17th of this month. She is so very excited and went shopping with Nico for baby stuff. They are doing a jungle theme for their nursery. It was good to hear from her. She sounds like she is doing well. Did you get Steph's announcement? She's SUPER happy. I went to her bridal shower and it was fun just not the same without having you and tanya there. Oh, I hope you haven't tried to email me at my old byu account it hasn't worked since I graduated in Dec. so I'm using one of ben's emails: king_benjamin99@yahoo.com.
This is turning out to be a long comment on your blog. I hope you and Preston are well. We are doing great and starting to prepare for the baby. I've decided to go for a teddy bear theme for the nursery. I like it a lot. I'll have to share pictures when it's done.
love ya,
marilyn

Tracy said...

ouch!