The Wisconsin Valley Fair, that is! We had a great time at the fair on Saturday, although Preston got kind of annoyed because I kept talking about how it wasn't as great as the Knox County Fair. Well, it's true. But we had fun anyway and here are some pictures of our adventures.
Me and a cow. I like cows. I'm not sure why this one was just sitting out in the open--maybe it was sick--but don't worry, I didn't get too close.

We went to this "Gourmet" Cooking show. It turned out to be a ridiculously long advertisement for locally made, locally overpriced waterless cookware.

The sign should have been a dead giveaway. But we stuck around because he promised to give away one of the chopper things in the above picture and I wanted it. I didn't get it. I still have to catch on to the whole theory of "you get what you pay for," because I'm a cheapskate and I'm proud of it. But that's a topic for another post...

This next one's for Joanna. The duck was shy. He (or she) waddled to the back of the cage when I tried to take a picture.

Preston nonchalantly enjoying some fried cheese curds.

And the main attraction...

Come on, you have to admit you know all their songs from the Saturday night Oldies show we all listened to on the way home from Stake dances. We took a video for Carl. Ironically, the song we thought was video worthy was not even a Herman's Hermits song...but it was a fun show.
I know you're probably amazed by the extreme amount of entertainment offered at the Wisconsin Valley Fair, but there's more that we didn't even get pictures of! Like my AWESOME black cherry ice cream cone, Preston's lengthy conversation with the man who offered us a free two-question test to tell us if we were going to heaven, and the picture the National Guard took of us in front of Dale Earnhardt's car. Unfortunately, you have to give them all your information to get the picture and then they don't even let you copy it. I bet if it was in Knox County, they would...
6 comments:
Emily! Everyone needs black cherry ice cream, yum! Sigh, good, wholesome, mid-western fun... looks like you guys are having a blast out there! I am not sure what to say about fired cheese curd though!
Sorry Preston, I agree. The fairs in Wisconsin have been lame compared to the good ol' Knox County Fair.
you go to the fair to go to a cooking show? that's lamesauce. and mom,you've never even been to a fair in wisconsin,so how would you know?
You know, the Wisconsin state fair is pretty good. One of the highlights is the herbert kohl milk house. They have milks in more flavors than you can imagine! They're only a quarter a glass and in the program is a buy 1 get 1 free coupon! Aww...memories. :)
Well everyone is missing out! The Cornish Fair, the Hopkinton Fair and the Deerfield fair here in good ole NH has you all beat! There's nothing better then home made french fries, fried dough with LOTS of powdered sugar, kettle corn popcorn and of course the resistance off all air food... The ITALIAN SAUSAGE SUB!! YUM!!
Then of couse after that you can always see the latest in cows, chickens, and vegetables, that is if you can move after all that chowing!!! While living in Idaho we visited the Eastern Idaho State fair at the FAMOUS Blackfoot fair grounds and guess what?! IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE FAIR'S IN NH!! Go figure! The only difference, the Huge walking POTATO. What's with that?!
I would be excited about seeing a huge walking potato.
Post a Comment