This is the first year I've actually watched American Idol. Since I gave up Biggest Loser, I needed something to entertain me on Tuesday nights. (And Wednesday nights. And the occasional Thursday night.) I've found American Idol to be moderately entertaining, but soooo predictable. For instance, the wild card show was kind of fun, but was it really necessary? Take for example...
Megan - She could have sung the ABC song and made it through because the judges love her. I don't know how long she'll last though, because I don't know how much America loves her. One thing's for sure - she has to figure out what the heck to do with herself on stage because that hip swish/arm fling thing is painful to watch.
Jasmine - I always liked her, but she really hasn't done that great the past couple weeks. Again, however, the judges took a liking to her early (can you say "commercial?") and because they decided the competition needed her, she's in.
Matt - I knew either Matt or Ricky would make it though. I was pulling for Ricky - he had two really good performances and seems like a classier guy - but Paula and Kara had a thing for Matt (they said the term "bluesy" a few too many times last night), so on he goes...
Anoop - America loves Anoop. I love Anoop. Simon was right in saying he definitely isn't the best singer there, but he's clean cut, smart and sincere and I think he will go far just because he has the likeability factor.
As for the rest of the finalists, there are some really good singers, but I think Simon was right again in saying they needed some more personality or it could get boring real quick.
4 comments:
Why did you give up Biggest Loser?
I am an American Idol junkie and have been since the first season. I agree with you on Megan. She has some weird moves, and I think it is because she sincerely cannot dance. But she is darling and although she isn't a great singer, she has a very unique and interesting voice. I really wanted Kristin to get in. She is the ditzy blond who sang "Give Me One Reason to Stay Here", the Tracey Chapman song. But there are a few others that made it that I really like. If you haven't watched Dancing With The Stars, you should give it a try. I like it even more than American Idol. It starts this Monday.
I stopped watching Biggest Loser because I wanted to - gosh!
I just started watching American Idol for the first time too- it can be entertaining. I'm just sad about Norman-he was at least funny.
Post a Comment