Friday, August 7, 2009

Done - finished - completed - moving on -->

So today was my last day working two jobs. I resigned from my position as a legal assistant so that I can pack and get ready for the upcoming events.

What a relief it is to me to know that I don't have to keep doing this. I know that I am VERY lucky to have the two job; let alone one. But all of those 12 hour days really took their toll on me. Work/money can only do so much. I have especially missed being with Emily during the week, especially during this exciting time.

There are things that are just relaxing, and honestly help you be more productive when you work just 40-50 hours/week. I found myself on Thursday and Friday evenings to be drained. I would have no motivation. And each Monday was torture knowing that I would have nothing to do besides work, work, work.

Certainly we'll miss the income and I 'll miss the work environment, but I certainly will not miss the feeling of being caged inside the walls, working just to get hours in, not because I have projects to do.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Way to go! Now you're both on to more exciting things. Finally, right? You guys have been troopers this summer!