Monday, October 7, 2013

LDS Women

There has been a lot of discussion lately about women in the church and "equality."  I thought this article was really interesting and rather eye opening. It's long, but definitely worth the read.

http://mormonscholarstestify.org/1718/valerie-hudson-cassler

P.S. Sassy, do you remember her from the WRI?

P.P.S. Thanks to Cougarboard for the link. I don't know where they find this stuff.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about pregnancy, childbirth, and lactation being ordinances. But I get the idea.

As far as Cougarboard goes, you're probably better off not knowing where they get all that stuff. And how they have time to do it.

Sarah said...

I was going to do a post on Ordain Women but I haven't finished it and probably won't.

I do remember her, mostly from Bare Branches fame. I don't remember her being in the WRI too much when I was around. I believe she wasn't married then.

I have actually read the longer version of that talk. http://www.fairlds.org/fair-conferences/2010-fair-conference/2010-the-two-trees
Interesting ideas.

Joanna said...

Agreed very interesting perspective.

Ben S said...

cougarboard knows all
-- ben