
This girl turned 5 last month, and we knew we couldn't put off having a big birthday party for her any longer. She repeatedly requested a Frozen party, but my sanity was at sake, so I vetoed that and told her she was having a rainbow theme. It turned out well.
Party activities included a treasure hunt for party favors, pin the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and decorating your own cupcake.
For food, we served pulled pork sandwiches, rainbow fruit skewers, colorful veggies and colored goldfish.
For food, we served pulled pork sandwiches, rainbow fruit skewers, colorful veggies and colored goldfish. I made this rainbow cake, which I thought turned out quite lovely. Lauren loved all of it, as you might imagine.
We had just gotten back from Wisconsin a week before, so I spent all week doing laundry, cleaning the house, getting Lauren ready for school, and prepping for her party, so I was wiped out when it was done. I think I'm through with birthday parties for another five years.



5 comments:
That sounds fun, like my type of party.
Cool party! I like the new blog look!
I notice you haven't donned your apron in awhile. That's too bad, because I was going through all your budget meals and have added multiple to my meal plan for next week.
I really haven't made anything new and post-worthy lately. Just boring stuff.
I'm impressed, not only with your craftiness but your survival of a 5 yr old birthday party. Doesn't get much better than this.
Post a Comment