This post is supposed to be about all the fun, festive things I did during October with cute pictures accompanying. It is actually going to be me rambling with a few bad cell phone pictures thrown in. Fair warning.
 |
| Oh well. |
Lauren started asking me right at the beginning of October if she could paint a pumpkin. I don't know where she got the idea, but she wasn't giving it up, so I eventually found a pumpkin patch nearby that did pumpkin painting and Lauren and Andrew both got to paint one. It was only five dollars for the two pumpkins, so maybe next year, I'll do one too.
 |
| Lauren's (top step) is a witch. In case you couldn't tell. |
Lauren said right after Halloween last year that she wanted to be Minnie again this year and I held her to it, even when she started talking about a certain ice queen. She ended up very happy about it, although she has already decided to be Elsa next year. (Can we borrow your costume, Tracy?)
Andrew's "fire truck man" costume was the laziest and cheapest costume ever. I got the fireman raincoat and boots at Savers more than a year ago and he wears them every rainy day. Throw on a hat from a touch a truck event at the library and a costume is made. He also wore the veterinarian (aka doggie doctor) costume Mom gave him last year to the ward party. It was totally adorable, but I didn't get any pictures.
My attempts at being a "fun mom" on Halloween consisted of pumpkin shaped pumpkin pancakes and apple-peanut butter-marshmallow "smiles." I thought about doing mummy dogs, but we had hot dogs on the fire the week before and I didn't want to buy hot dogs again; plus, I've gotten kind of picky about hot dogs and really prefer all beef nitrate-free ones, which are obviously way more pricey than Bar-S franks.
The other thing that happened this month was that Lauren learned to ride a bike with "only two wheels!" Preston planned a whole afternoon to teach her. It took about two minutes.
 |
| He still hasn't figured out how to actually turn the pedals and go. |
3 comments:
Russell hasn't figured out his big wheels either.
Camille figured out the pedaling part of her bike, but not the steering. She rides in a straight line until she hits something.
I found a rebate for Bar-S online, where you could buy any or all of the five products they specify from a store and send in the receipt. No stores here had more than one of so all I got was hot dogs, but they were expensive all-beef hot dogs. I don't know if they were nitrate free or not, but they were really good. I now really like all beef hot dogs (so does Brooke).
Post a Comment