Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Family of Five

I found going from two to three kids much easier than going from one to two was. I'm not sure why - the fact that Preston has been around more has definitely been helpful, and I think I've just learned to have low expectations and simplify as much as possible.

It may just be selective remembering, but Grace seems to cry more and sleep less than the others did. Lauren was sleeping 8-9 hours a night by three months, and Andrew was sleeping 10 hours a night, getting up once by the time he was four months. She has been working on sucking her thumb, so I'm hopeful about the future.

The following pictures are in reverse chronological order. As you can see, a month ago, it was difficult to get a picture of her with her eyes open; now the opposite is true.







Being a family of five necessitated that we finally move up to a minivan. Despite our recent issues with Chevy, we ended up with another red Chevy. Lauren loves having the backseat to herself and they both love the DVD player. Also, for the first time in 7.5 years, we are a two car family, at least until the red car finally kicks the bucket. Sunday mornings are much less stressful now. 


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the move to a big car. Grace is cute. And she seems very tall.

Joanna said...

Wow! Your kids do sleep well, or else your memory is really selective. I don't think I will ever forget the fact that at 9 months old Meghan was still waking up 3-4 times per night.

Welcome to minivan life. I jealous of your dvd player.

Joanna said...

And, I'm glad she wore the blue sailboat dress. It seemed appropriate for a girl in your family.

Janet said...

Seriously. Your kids are good sleepers. I recall Brooke getting worse instead of better as she neared her first birthday, which I didn't think was possible.
But in other news, Grace is cute. And I second that she seems tall.
Cool car, minivan mom. I'm glad Sundays are easier now, because that had to stink majorly.

Emily said...

Well, of course she looks tall next to all her shrimpy cousins. She's only in the 87th percentile.