Happening #1: We took a quick trip to Utah to see Preston's family because they wanted us to. The kids had a ton of fun in a long weekend.
Happening #2:
Andrew, Grace and I hosted a reindeer party for our toddler and preschool friends. We made these peanut butter cracker reindeers for the party. I was pretty proud of them.
The main event was making reindeer hats and marching around to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
![]() |
| Please excuse the itchy bum. |
Happening #3: Instead of more toys or stuff, we took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge for their Christmas gift. Lauren had been wanting to go for years and we got a decent deal. They had a great time - Lauren reported that she had even more fun than she was expecting. Andrew would only go on the toddler slides and walk around the lazy river, but he seemed to have a lot of fun doing that.
![]() |
| He stinks at looking at the camera. |
Grace wasn't sure at first, but she enjoyed herself too, especially the "ocean" (wave pool with a beach entry).
Happening #4: Christmas Eve: Our next door neighbor Arlene came over for our traditional Christmas Eve candlelight dinner. She is one of the few adults Grace likes and she thinks our kids should be models, so we get along well.
The Christmas books I chose for the kids this year were a home run. Andrew got The Circus Ship and we have read it every night since.
Grace got Blue Hat, Green Hat. I wish I had thought to take a video of the first time they read it together. There was lots of giggling. Now she reads it herself. "Yewwow hat! Yewwow hat! Yewwow hat! Oops!"
Lauren got the next book in her favorite series, The Kingdom of Wrenly. It happened to be about mermaids which went perfectly with the mermaid tail she got from Aunt Joanna.








3 comments:
Haley loves that book, too. She seems to like all Sandra Boynton.
And that's a cool christmas gift. I doubt I could ever convince Jacob to do something like that, but I want to.
I think that is a great Christmas gift. I was looking for Owen to get a few appropriate toys to hopefully occupy him more so he isn't a terror as much, but a special experience is something we will probably do in the future.
Camille's Christmas book has also been a big hit, which makes me happy. Owen's big brother book hasn't been a big hit. :(
I'm hoping that next year since we'll be in Arizona for Christmas that I can convince Ben that an experience gift would be perfect.
I'm so happy she likes her mermaid tail blanket! I was super excited to make it.
Post a Comment