Sunday, September 16, 2007

Joanna, Marilyn, and home work

Another exciting week! The activities included bringing Joanna to the MTC and attending Marilyn Sampson's wedding. She got married to Ben King, so I presume that now makes her Marilyn King.
Preston has been studying hard. The LSAT is quickly approaching and between classes and preparing for the LSAT he is managing to stay very busy. This week he was called to serve as the Scout Committee Chair, which means that he will be in charge of overseeing scout's progression towards their eagles as well as qualifying members of the ward to serve as merit badge counselors. Preston wanted a calling with the young men. I'm certain that he'll do great. Preston also spoke in church today. He thought that he "blabbered on" and was worried about its reception. His attitude changed drastically as his talk was quoted three times in Sunday School and apparently once in Priesthood (and a comment he made in Priesthood apparently was also quoted). He made certain that I knew of the comments. I jokingly told him he needed to work on his pride.

Preston's talk was on "How to speak to others about the gospel." He suggested that we prepare ourselves by reading the scriptures and by thinking about how the gospel applies to everyday topics. He specifically mentioned finance and families as excellent topic. He then said that we need to invite others to activities held by the church: temple tours, stake youth dances, seminary, or to our ward luau this Friday. I was proud of him.

As for myself, I was happy to see Marilyn get married. It was a wonderful wedding. They held the reception at a nice reception hall with wonderful deserts: ice cream, chocolates, cheese cake and of course wedding cake. She looked great, and it was nice to see my other friends: Jenifer Presnell, Rachel Spencer, and Stephanie Judd.

Our old bishopric showed up. Preston apparently now is holding an even larger grudge against the first counselor because he skipped ours, but he showed up to Ben and Marilyn's. Preston jokes around a lot about things like that. He doesn't really hold grudges. Well, I'm pretty certain that he doesn't.

As for me this week, I subbed as a PE teacher and in an elementary school. Very exciting. Hopefully some long term employment will come my way.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Yes! Once again, I am the first to comment. I'm sure that Preston did an excellent job in Sacrament Meeting. Wish we could have been there to hear him. Scout Committee Chairman is a big job which he will undoubtedly do in a splendid manner. Now Joseph, Ben and Preston are all working with the Young Men in their wards. Emily, look out! Tracy and Shannon are both in Young Women, so maybe that's on the horizon for you.

Sarah said...

Why is it that you leave comments on everyone else's blog all the time, but you never post on you own?