Thursday, October 11, 2007

These are a few of MY favorite things

I was so impressed by Janet's list of favorite things that I decided to make one of my own. So, the following are some of my favorite things.

1. Making Lists: Seriously. This is really fun for me. Recent lists I've made include Things to do when I'm bored, Things to do soon, Groceries, Dinner Ideas, Books I'd like to read, and the 30 or so jobs I've applied and been rejected for in the past several months.

2. Exercise. Be it running, walking, biking, tennis, weight lifting, pilates, turbo cleaning, or more, I really like moving my body.

3. Reading. Good books I've read recently are a YA novel called The Penderwicks, which was delightful, and another YA book called The Last Treasure, which was also very good. I'm currently reading a book called You: The Owner's Manual, which has a lot of good information and advice about your body and how to keep it young and running smoothly.

4. Writing. From the Snowy Princess series to "Odes to Dad," Power of the Pen, my journal, or writing my name over and over, I love the feel of pen on paper.

5. Email. Not many things brighten my day like an inbox full of real emails. And, not many things put a damper on my day like no emails.

6. Biggest Loser. Since Preston has class late on Tuesdays, I have to entertain myself, so I discovered Biggest Loser. I love how dramatic they make the "weigh-ins" and the "eliminations." I don't love all the commercials and wasted time, but it never fails to entertain me.

7. Sleeping. I don't know what it is with me lately, but I love sleeping, and I'm having a very hard time getting up in the mornings.

8. Cleaning. I know, this is odd, but once I start cleaning and organizing, I can't stop.

9. Card making. Surprise! Ever since our last Enrichment, I can't stand the thought of purchasing a birthday card for someone. And for someone who's poor and who doesn't have a whole lot of talent in the craft department, I've made some pretty darn cute cards.

10. Shopping. This one kind of stinks for poor people, but even a trip to the $1.05 store thrills me.

11. Recycling. Now, I'm no Al Gore, but I do think we should be good stewards, so I save our recyclables and take them up to BYU where they have recycling bins.

12. Improving my vocabulary. On my Christmas list is a Vocabulary Builder book. According to someone who shall remain nameless, I got dumb on my mission, so I'm trying to get my smarts back.

2 comments:

Janet said...

i'm proud that i actually had a good post. but i must give some credit to sarah, who persistently nagged until i wrote something. oh, and i liked your list.

Shannon said...

Very interesting Emily! (And I'm also a lister, sleeper, shopper, and card maker! ;) Ben makes fun of me when I watch the biggest loser because I've been know to cry a few times. However, in my defense, it's usually only at the first and last episode. At the beginning, they are just so hopeless, and by the end, it's not just their bodies they changed, but themselves. How inspiring! :) Anyway, I hope you are enjoying it...we have mutual on Tuesday now so I can't watch it.