Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tedium, lassitude, langour

Apparently, my recent blog posts have been rather dull and uninspiring. Well, I'm sorry. I don't know if it's the bleak midwinter, the snow and cold that make me feel cooped up in our little basement, or the fact that my employment requires very little brain power, but I'm just not feeling very clever or creative lately. We work, we eat, and we sleep, but we don't spin basketballs on our fingers, we don't have tornadoes pass by our house, we aren't expecting a baby, and we don't celebrate foreign holidays. So, until spring makes its appearance, or something mildly exciting happens, you will just have to deal with the ennui (I may be boring, but at least I can use fancy words).

So long.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Preston apparently goes skiing. Did you not go? That would make an entertaining blog entry!

Margaret said...

Perhaps it's not your blogging that's the problem. Maybe everyone else is suffering the same torpor and can't rouse themselves to comment on anything,

Shannon said...

If it makes you feel any better, I wrote a post the other day about how tornadoes were in OUR town and our lives were in danger. (with pictures too!) I thought that would for sure catch some interest. Check the comment pool... yeah, apparently not so much. :)

Shannon said...

ps. I didn't comment on your last post b/c honestly, I didn't "get it." Guess I have to brush up on my train characters. :)