Saturday, November 22, 2008

Confessions of a twenty-something literature snob

I saw Twilight.

I liked it.

5 comments:

Janet said...

really?? and you read the books i am assuming. hmm, now i want to go see it too.

Luana said...

Hi Emily,
It's Sister Byington. Did you read the books? I have read them and so did my daughter. She liked the movie, but was disappointed with some of the casting and the way they made Edward look like a monkey scaling the trees. Of course, the movies can NEVER really do the books justice. There have been a couple of close calls though. The Harry Potter movies were all that I hoped they would be after reading the books. As well as the Little Women movie with Susan Sarandon. I will be going to see Twlight this week and must admit that after all the feedback I have read on other blogs, I am not as excited as I was.

Emily said...

I only read Twilight, but I actually liked the movie better than the book. Some parts were weird, but it was fun to watch.

Tracy said...

Wow, I am astounded! I have to admit I enjoyed the books. Although I like The Host a lot more than the Twilighy series. I am impressed that you confessed though! :)

skajhkelder said...

Alex, who is a 17 year old boy, never read the book and was totally unimpressed with the movie. He was looking forward to more "vampire"stuff and less of the mushy stuff. Oh well can't please them all! His quote "it was a total Chick Flick"!