Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Northwoods Adventure

We ventured into Northern Wisconsin last weekend as Preston took on his second marathon. We had a lovely time and share it with you in photos.

This is me at our Manitowish Waters office. If you ever find yourself in legal trouble in Northern Wisconsin, give them a call! Quality service guaranteed.
This is Preston at Lake Superior.
Isn't this sign awesome? I'm kicking myself for not bringing home a mutt mitt home as a souvenir.
It was very pretty. I took this picture at a little wayside.
This one's blurry, but it has some vibrant color.

They had a old fashioned J.C. Penney's! I might have stimulated the local economy a little more, but they kicked us out at 5 p.m. to close!
Here we are after the big race. I'm sorry if my attire is offensive to anybody. It was all I had available.
This is Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty. You should go there if you're really hungry. They serve pancakes the size of Texas. If you were not aware, Paul Bunyan was called in to clear up a log jam on the Wisconsin River. So he's famous here.

And thus concludes our Northwoods Adventure.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Congrats, Preston, on finishing your second marathon!

Shannon said...

Cute pictures!! I must admit, it really makes me miss the falls up there, the trees just don't look quite that good here. That JCP is pretty outrageous...