I've added a couple new features to the blog: there is a poll to your right - your votes are appreciated - and I added a list of links to sites I like. A brief introduction to some of the sites (this may be boring):
Pocket Your Dollars is a money saving website. They go through the grocery store ads and match up sales to available coupons to give you great deals. Thanks in part to the site, I got four boxes of pasta, two things of oatmeal, and a tub of yogurt for free yesterday. It is local to Minnesota, but they also have lists for Walmart, Walgreens, etc, plus nationwide giveaways, etc. It might be worth a look.
War Eagle Mill is an actual mill in Arkansas. If I ever have the pleasure of visiting the great state of Arkansas, I will visit the mill. They have a variety of recipes on the site, of which I have made a few. They are all whole grain and healthy. I only wish I had known about this when I did my 5th grade state report on Arkansas. The only thing I knew about Arkansas was Bill Clinton...
Make it - Love it is a sewing website with tutorials for various stuff. I admit, I have not made anything from it. Nor have I attempted. Nor have I moved the sewing machine from its spot in the closet, which it has occupied since we moved in here a year ago. But - I do have plans for a couple of projects one of these days.
Donning My Apron is a cooking blog that I really like. The author really has a way with words, plus she has some great recipes. You should check it out.
Moving on.
Preston and I went to a Twins game last week with some standing room only tickets our neightbor gave us. If you weren't aware, Target Field has been named the best stadium experience in all of sports. And, oh it was. It was actually kind of fun to just stand. We would find a spot, watch a couple innings, then walk around and find a new spot. We managed to find a really great spot to see all the runs. The Twins won. The magic number is now 10. If they beat the White Sox tonight, it will be 8.
If you're wondering why I was wearing my glasses, it is because it's allergy season.
Lauren has finally figured out how to put the circle block in the circle hole and the triangle block in the triangle hole of her shape sorter. It's about time - that thing says 6 months +
I got a new job. It is every other weekend at an apartment complex in Eagan. 20 hours a month. If I pass my background check (questionable), I'll be starting here soon. I was actually looking for something just like this to bring in a little extra cash, so very excited.
What's new with you?
5 comments:
Very informative blogpost
I like your cooking blog. I checked it out the other day.
Matt had one of those shape sorter thingies. He was smart enough to figure out that the shapes were supposed to fit through the holes, but he was too young to do it himself. He would have a tantrum, so I would take the lid off. Then he would really have a fit because he knew the lid was supposed to be on! I finally hid it and brought it out six months later. Amazing what six months will do for a kid.
Good luck with the background check, I'm sure you will need it. :)
Glad you had fun at the baseball game.
Awesome! I love site swapping. I'll put some of my favs up when I'm on a blogging high. ;) (Coming soon, I think.)
Post a Comment