Lauren, Macey (Lauren's cousin) and I did not shave our moustaches for the entire month of November to increase awareness for prostate cancer. We received many inquiries throughout the month into why we were growing our moustaches, and each time we had the opportunity to talk about men's health, which is now so close to our hearts after losing my dad this year. I doubt it made any significant impact, but it gave us an opportunity to grow out our facial hair, and helped us think about Dad in a number of ways: facial hair and men's cancer.
Of course there was another benefit - I got a free t-shirt at the Minnesota Wild hockey game.
Below is a pic of the three of us the day after Thanksgiving.

For more information regarding Mou-vember, here is a website that gives a very good explanation.
http://us.movember.com/about/
No comments:
Post a Comment