Friday, April 11, 2014

My boy turns two

 Andrew, aka Mr. Franzen, had a birthday recently. It involved a lot of trucks, which made him very happy. I made the easiest looking truck cake on Pinterest. It was a pain to get the frosting out of the tires, but we eventually did. I made a cake mix cake and this frosting, which Preston really liked but I did not. I thought it basically tasted like butter. I prefer the fudge frosting from the Allred cookbook.

These are some random pictures of Andrew. He has rejected napping except in the car, and was all tuckered out after his cousins came for a busy week.
 Andrew makes big messes and has been downgraded back to sippy cups because he has taken to putting all the food on his plate into his cup with the milk, then pouring it all back out onto the plate.
 He is cute. So cute.
 One of the highlights of Andrew's week is joining in on the parade at Lauren's dance class. The other is watching the garbage truck come. He stands at the window as soon as he hears it coming and doesn't move until it's out of sight. Nursery is still not a highlight. Apart from trucks, he also likes choo choos, driving, and backpacks. Oh, and ice cream. If you want to see something funny, put some ice cream on the table and don't give him any.
Andrew's newest thing is, when you ask him a question, he holds his hands out to the sides and says, "I don't know" (all one word). 

The cutest boy around.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I was wondering if you were going to make one of those cakes. Good job!

Janet said...

I imagined more kids in Lauren's dance class.
Happy birthday Andrew!