Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Birthday Girl

We celebrated Lauren's 6th birthday quietly at home and it was very nice. She picked out a strawberry cake on Pinterest and I didn't cut any corners making it.  I made my own cake flour, sifted it, warmed up the eggs, and followed the directions to a T.
 I used a pie plate for one of the layers, and the cakes fell apart a bit coming out of the pans despite my cutting parchment circles and greasing and flouring them, but it was delicious anyway. It was also quite labor intensive.  A labor of love, of course.
 She requested pizza for her birthday dinner. Also delicious.
 Sorry about the diapers in the background. And the fly swatter.


We surprised Lauren by giving her a guitar for her birthday. Our goal is for both of us to be good enough to accompany a sing along at the reunion next summer. 

And now, six words that describe Lauren:  gregarious, precocious, boisterous, tall, creative, fun.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait for the sing-along. Happy birthday Lauren.

Joanna said...

I'll make sure to include the sing-a-long in the reunion schedule.

skajhkelder said...

Everything looks wonderful! Wish I could have been there to help celebrate and eat!