Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Birthday Week

                                           

Last week was birthday week at our house, starting with Andrew's on Tuesday. Since he sticks anything he can in the peanut butter jar and asks for peanut butter on his hot dogs, I made him a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It was quite tasty.
                                           

He got a big boy bike for his birthday. It has a special vrooming feature and so far, that's the only part that's been used.


For the past couple of months, every time he says a prayer, it goes, "Thank you for this day, I know you live in heaven.....now what?"  He has also been asking a lot of "how" questions.  How do airplanes work? How do pipes work? How do birds fly?  We've watched some educational YouTube videos.

                                                
On Saturday, we celebrated Grace by swimming at the YMCA and having Dunkin' Donuts since I didn't feel like making (and eating) another cake. No one complained.




Grace likes squeezing herself into small places, taking things off shelves and out of drawers, and climbing stairs. She loves Preston and Lauren and gets super excited when she sees Lauren walking down the sidewalk from the bus stop.

                                                   
The past year with Grace has been tiring, but we think (hope) that we've finally figured out that the way to get her to sleep through the night is to put her to bed at 6:30. She's up by 5:30 regardless of when she goes to bed, so this might be the solution. Wish us luck. Please.



And then we got six inches of snow.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Maybe I'll make a donut cake for someone.

Janet said...

Me! I've always wanted a donut cake.

Happy birthday kiddos. I think Grace and Haley would still be BFFs.

Sarah said...

I've always wanted a donut, cake too!

Everyone here thinks the chocolate and pb cake looks good.

skajhkelder said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!!! LOVE AND MISS YOU TONS!!