Friday, July 28, 2017

The Terrible Two-year-old

Grace has been making life ....interesting.... lately.  I try to remind myself that she is just acting her age, but I don't remember the other kids being this rotten. Maybe my memory is just being selective again.


Here are just some of her recent exploits:

1. A few weeks ago, I made some pulled pork. I had taken it out of the crock pot, shredded it, and it was on a dish on the counter when I went into the other room to tend to the baby. When I went back into the kitchen, Grace had emptied the salt shaker into the dish with the pork. (insert angry face emoji).

2. Yesterday, she bit Andrew in the back so hard that it broke the skin (even through his shirt).

3. The other day, she chewed through a package of graham crackers.



4. She emptied an entire bottle of Aveeno baby wash into the tub a while ago.

5. She is obsessed with tape, glue, and stickers. We have also had some close calls with scissors.

6. She refuses to wear shoes, even after getting several slivers that had to be removed.

7. She said over and over last week, "I can't wait to go to church."  Then, when I dropped her off at nursery, she threw a mega screaming fit. I ignored her.  She cries whenever a family member is not with us. She had a little fit when Preston left in a different car to go to his speaking assignment last week. "Dad doesn't need to go a different church, ever!"  I tend to agree with her there. She also freaked out when we dropped Lauren off at a playdate last week.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Owen and Grace are kindred spirits. Also, expensive children due to how much they ruin.

Sarah said...

Oh, that was me commenting.

Joanna said...

Meghan has asked almost every Sunday for the past 6 months in a loud whiny voice why Ben has to sit on the stand right during Sacrament Meeting.

She bosses me and Ben around and tells us what we are going to do.

She still wakes up during the night, insists on sleeping in our bed, makes us sleep on the floor by her bed, etc, etc.

If we get in the van to go somewhere she starts crying because she needs her blanky.

Too bad she isn't going to kindergarten instead of Russell.

Janet said...

Geez, let's have a terrible two party. I would be mad about the pork, too. And the biting. We're dealing with that here, too.