Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Heart Coupons

Well, since nobody gave me anything to post about, I will post about one of my favorite topics - Coupons. I love coupons and I use them frequently to score amazing bargains. This week has been particularly good for coupons. I like it when I save more than I spend. Like, at one store, I spent $8.97 and saved $9.28! Oooh, and Wednesdays are double coupon days at our local Pick 'n Save, so today I managed to get a roll of paper towels for a total of 29 cents. See, it was $2.29 to start with and I had a $1.oo off coupon, which they doubled to make $2.00 off. So the paper towels ending up costing me just 29 cents! And they weren't cheap ones either. They were the good kind that's thick and you can choose your own size. And they had a Box Top for Education. Am I rambling? I will put up a picture so people actually look at this post rather than just seeing that it's me going on about how cheap I am again, and finding something more interesting to read.

This is one of the earliest known photographs of Preston and me. We were going hiking in the Uintas and we stopped in Evanston for fun (or maybe it was for directions), and then we saw this gazebo, so, naturally, we had to go in and sing "You Are Sixteen Going on Seventeen." It was actually more like 22 going on 23, but whatever.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I have a couple of friends that are fellow couponers as well (yes, I allow myself to make up words no matter how hard you may cringe! :P) and they score the most amazing deals. I do want to be better at using them at some point, I just need to make the time to do so. And sorry for the lack of posting, I just haven't been up to it, but since you expressed interest, I will try to have someone up this weekend... just for you Emily. :)

Ruthie said...

Thrifty! You are the best!

skajhkelder said...

If you write to the address on the package or call the 1-800 number to leave a comment, positive or negative they LOVE to hear from people, they will send you even better coupons in the mail, sometime even FREE item coupons!!!
I did that awhile ago and then took them all shopping and purchased $80 worth of groceries for like $11! IT's so worth it if you have the time.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Em! I don't know if you get texts on your phone so I thought I'd write as well. I hope you are doing well. I enjoy reading your blog.-Mar

Tracy said...

Go! Fight! Win!