Monday, October 13, 2008

The Robe The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is fantastic! I enjoy Douglas's style of writing (be sure to keep a dictionary handy) and the book was fun to read. It is the story of Marcellus, a young Roman soldier, and his Greek slave Demetrius. They are stationed in Jerusalem during the last week of Jesus' life and are present at the crucifixion. They are both impressed by Jesus and feel sure that he is innocent of any crime, but it is his robe, which Marcellus wins in a game of dice, that compels them to find out more about this Galilean. What they find out truly transforms them, and as they apply these teachings, changes many people around them as well. It really made me consider how deeply these teachings, which I have known my whole life, affect my day to day actions.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I would recommend The Robe to anyone. My dad recommended it to me :).