Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Betcha haven't seen this...

I was going to post about our little excursion last weekend, but I can't find the camera, so instead, I decided to post about one of my FAVORITE movies--Dil Chahta Hai. A couple years ago, I had to watch some Bollywood movies for work (I know, get paid to watch movies...what a job.) I didn't really know what to expect, but turns out, I really liked them, and this one in particular. It's about three young men in India who are just graduating college and trying to find themselves, including their true loves. It actually has a really deep story about friendship, but there's a lot of funny stuff too, like how they say random words and phrases in English (a lot of their random English words are swears, but it's hilarious hearing it with their Indian accents) and the extended song and dance scenes--some of them are so ridiculous you'll about fall off your seat laughing. Anyway, if you want a good time (about 3 hours worth), find a copy and enjoy.



Here's a link to a YouTube clip of the title song. I also recommend Lagaan, which is very good (incidentally, I saw a copy at our local Hollywood Video), and Bride and Prejudice, which is not very good, but should be watched just because.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What, no comments!?!?

Shannon said...

You're right, I haven't seen this. I'll put it on the list. (If I can find it that is! :P)