Thursday, June 19, 2008

Boston-mania

So in the past year, I've unintentionally become a Boston sports fanatic. Just ask me about any player on the Red Sox and I'll tell you what position he plays, what team he came from, and how good he is (example: Dice-K (Matsuzaka): Japanese pitcher, given an insane amount of money to come play for the Sox, has been somewhat of a disappointment--at least not as good as everyone made him out to be). Ask me who my favorite Red Sock (?) is and I'd tell you Jason Varitek, catcher and captain. In fact, I think I watched every game of the World Series while Preston watched about 1/2 of one game. Same goes for the Celtics. Ask me who my favorite Celtic is and I'll tell you Paul Pierce (Kansas, drafted by Boston, starter for past 10 years). Don't go thinking I sit around looking this stuff up and studying Boston athletes. It just comes up in casual conversation around here. I'm sure all this stuff is pushing other more useful information out of my brain cells, but for now that's the way it is. Go Boston!

3 comments:

Preston said...

My love for this woman just grows and grows.

Shannon said...

Ben would be proud...(if it was BYU players you were talking about that is.)

Ben S said...

finally, little emmy is growing up and learning about sports. well done preston.