Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Music Roundup

The problem with Christmas music is that there are only so many traditional songs. The new stuff is (usually) not much good (in my opinion), so artists have to come up with their own version of the classics. Some are better than others, but here are a few of my favorites this year.

O Holy Night - Jackie Evancho
Silent Night - Sarah McLachlan
Joy to the World - David Archuleta
I Saw Three Ships - Toby Keith
We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Weezer
Baby, It's Cold Outside - none. I'm currently sick of that song.

Christmas Music Miscellany: We have five different versions of each of the following songs in our iTunes library:

Carol of the Bells
The First Noel
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Joy to the World
O Come All Ye Faithful
Silent Night
We Three Kings

What's on your playlist this year?

P.S. Did you know that amazon.com is giving away a free Christmas music download every day up to Christmas?

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I used my free download on a funky arrangement of the "Star Carol" by Simon and Garfunkel.