Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lonely

Sometimes I get sad because I see other people's blogs and they have a ridiculously huge list of links to their family and friend's blogs, and then I see ours and we have a pathetically short list of links, all of which are immediate family members (many of whom, incidentally, seem to have ceased posting altogether), which makes me feel small and friendless. Couple that with the fact that I get an average of 1.5 comments on each post and I find myself wondering, "Why do I even bother?" So, I say to you, my readers (if you actually do exist), that you would be providing a small act of service to me if you would comment on my posts. And if you are my friend (acquaintance will do just as well), and you read this blog, and you have a blog, let me know so that I can add you onto our link list. It may be for no other reason than to raise my self-esteem level slightly, but isn't that worth it? And, by the way, if you notice my link list mysteriously disappearing in the upcoming weeks, you will know that my whole-hearted attempts to improve my cyber friendships were in vain and I have resigned myself to my solitary status in the blogging world. Please don't let me down...

4 comments:

Janalee said...

Hi Emily. I like reading blogs and I have you on my list so here is my link so you can add me to yours...
bowen2003.blogspot.com. my email is princess17_02@hotmail.com. Hope you and preston are doing well!

Margaret said...

What a blatant attempt to buy popularity!

Joe said...

See, Emily, I just use my Google analytics to let me know who's hitting the blog. I think you just game me an idea...

Shannon said...

I agree with Joe. We put a blog counter up at the beginning of the year and were amazed at how many hits we were getting! Unfortunately people read more than they comment, but I agree that comments make it a whole lot more fun! (And what's also fun is when people respond to your questions when they DO comment, AHEM ;) (I am still in the dark about your spring break...) No worries though, I just make up my own answers when I don't hear back! (I think I inserted $$ as your reason for backing out coming to see us...) HOWEVER, now that you guys are both working (congrats on your job!) and rolling in the dough, have you given any thoughts to Dec. 6th?! We'd have such a great time together. :) Anyway-let us know how the job's going! Hope you're having a great day! Love ya!